Thursday, March 29, 2012

3 Steps To Pursuing Your Ideal Career

I'm often reviewing great content for posts via Fast Company.  The article at hand 3 Steps to Pursuing Your Ideal Career I found to be a reinforcing piece to help those of you out there searching or struggling with career issues.  You may have found that I often publish posts similar to this (Do The Job You're Meant to Do & Find What You Lovebecause I personally believe that having a healthy career in which you are engaged in is extremely helpful in achieving your own financial and life goals and objectives.  Usually you will find that life and financial goals go hand in hand and having a deep understanding of what you want to do will help you be successful in the long-term.


Here are the three points from the Fast Company article

  1. Gain clarity around what to focus on
  2. Define the world you imagine
  3. Replace old thoughts with new ones
Sometimes at the end of articles such as these I will peruse through the comment section to see what other readers thought about the piece.  I found one such comment that I believed was worth sharing and is especially critical when reviewing articles that deal with change of any kind.


  • I wholeheartedly agree with the author's three step process of identifying our core passion and translating that passion into everyday success. Sounds easier said than done ! In fact the truth is truth and there's caveat to what is mentioned in this article from what I have seen around.
  • I am very interested in being an entrepreneur. I am finishing my MBA soon with $ 50000 of debt. I have to support my family back home with stipends. At this very moment, even with galore of creative ideas and entrepreneurial mindset, I can't think of dedicating my mind to start a new venture. I must find a job to pay off my debt and support my family. There's no one around to extend me another $ 50000 to do business or give me a safe custody if my ideas fail. I think I have very exciting business concepts and I am passionate about doing something on my own but to be candid I can't embark on that self satisfying voyage because I have to live with the constraints. It's not that I hate to be an employee in Corporate America or wherever I have to work but I must come to true terms of life.  
  • I can read many inspiring stories but again I can't take reference from each of these sagas because my life and my condition is unique to me, vey personal. Resources matter so much in life and so does support. I wished life was a fairy tale but it's not. We must find our own ways, navigate the separate highways even if we may all want to reach the same destination and claim the same victory.
The key takeaway from these comments is that although these stories are inspiring and somewhat helpful change is easier said than done.  Some people often have constraints real or imagined that are tough to break down.  The point here is to not give up but to pursue your dream, goals, ambitions with all of your vigor.
Dreamworld

No comments:

Post a Comment