Friday, December 30, 2011

Find What you Love

I know that this story received a lot of coverage after Steve Jobs' death but I think that it is apropos to take another look at his 2005 Stanford Commencement Address title "Find What you Love" as we close the year down.  I typically take a look at this several times a year since seeing it back in 2005.  Weather you like Jobs or even Apple for that matter I believe is indifferent if you focus on some of the messages he was trying to get across:




  1. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."
  2. "Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking."
  3. "Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice."
  4. "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
  5. "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish"
I'm personally glad that I finally decided to do what I loved this year and start this firm DreamWorks Capital Management.  I enjoy the time I spend working on these posts each day/week, researching new strategies, and most important helping people achieve their dreams.  None of this would be possible without focus, hard work, and great support from my wife.  I waited a long time before deciding to start this journey and now I am excited to see where we go.



No comments:

Post a Comment