Wednesday, June 27, 2012

On Orbitz, Mac Users Steered to Pricier Hotels


This was the week that I was thinking about the big change.  Going from a PC to a Mac.  However have you hear about how Mac users of Orbitz online travel site have been pushed to pricier deals?

According to Orbitz, Mac computers spend as much as 30% more a night on hotels, so the online travel agency is starting to show them different, and sometimes costlier, travel options than Windows visitors see.

So my question is what other sites are pushing pricier deals for Mac users?  I find it amazing the amount of information that can be gleaned from company databases that they collect from their users and customers.

At the end of the day I still plan on making the switch from PC to Mac.  If any readers have any thoughts or opinions on the conversion please let me know.

Full story in the WSJ


No comments:

Post a Comment