Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What Successful People Do With The First Hour Of Their Work Day

Some people are morning people, while some are not.  However according to this Fast Company article the first hour of the day may be the most important hour of the day.  There is no doubt that getting off to a good start every day can set the table for the rest of the day.  It can affect how much you get accomplished, what your mood will be like, or how you will treat other people.

Here are a few bullet points from the full article here

  • Don’t Check Your Email for the First Hour
  • Gain Awareness, Be Grateful
  • Do the Big, Shoulder-Sagging Stuff First
  • Ask Yourself If You’re Doing What You Want to Do
  • “Customer Service” (or Your Own Equivalent)

When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
                                      ~Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment