Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2013: Talk Gets Cheaper, TV Gets Smarter

WSJ tech columnist, Walt Mossberg, is out with his views for what to expect in 2013.  Below are a few of the topics that he addresses in his article here with our own comments.

  • Tablets vs. PCs, your beginning to see more things that you can do on a tablet that you used to only be done on a PC
  • Integrating Hardware and Software, companies are beginning to follow Apple's lead where they make the hardware and the software
  • Rethinking Television, I personally own two Sony Google smart TV's and honestly they both come in very handy with my large family.  I agree that this technology will continue to improve especially if Apple can get into the ball game
  • Cheaper Smartphones and Plans, Apple has already stated that it is coming after the low cost smart phone market...well maybe slightly below its current line of product pricing. 
  • Costlier, Better Music Players, I abandoned my music player a long time ago when I went with my iPhone.  It's hard to imagine this sector being able to grow.  I can envision it walking away like the walk-man
image

No comments:

Post a Comment