Monday, April 16, 2012

If Barbara Corcoran Can Turn Off Her Phone At 6:30, So Can You--Here's How

I see Barbara Corcoran all over the place now.  Even my wife tells me how often she sees her in the media streams now.  Below is an interview she conducted with Fast Company.  It's very similar to a recent post [Sheryl Sandberg Leaves Work at 5:30 Every Day — And You Should Too] in respect to Corcoran turns her phone off at 6:30 every night and doesn't answer until 6:30 AM.

Another interesting point in the interview was the fact that Corcoran stated, "I gave up years ago on the concept that you could actually have balance in your life, I think it's a phantom chase."  I tend to agree with her on this topic.  If you want to be great at something you have to dedicate the time to it.  This means prioritizing time accordingly as you can;t create more hours in a day.

Other points I found to be bullet point material from Corcoran

  • Tries to get in a pattern
  • Prioritize - on paper
    • Focus' on A items that will bring in revenue
    • In reality there aren't that many A's
  • Has a great assistant she relies on heavily
  • Doesn't use apps
    • Instead her tools she utilizes most is her Outlook calendar and a notebook
  • Compartmentalize

No comments:

Post a Comment